FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION AND ROYAL EDITION AVAILABLE NOW
LONDON (6th March 2018) – Square Enix Ltd., today released FINAL FANTASY® XV WINDOWS EDITION for STEAM®, Origin and Windows 10, and FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL EDITION for the Xbox One and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. Both editions are packed with features and brand-new content in addition to the base game, include all current Season Pass content released since launch, an expanded map, new areas to explore and more.
To celebrate the release a new launch trailer was released today and is available here: https://youtu.be/LQ6HotlD4yM
FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL EDITION and FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION feature*:
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia.
- Fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – after collecting all of the royal arms, unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned
- A new first-person camera mode, experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All current season pass content including EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES** and EPISODE IGNIS
- Archive – “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world allows players to discover more about local myths and legends
- Quest to obtain and strengthen Regalia Type-D
- The FINAL FANTASY XV base game, with new trophies/achievements
**FINAL FANTASY XV MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES on console requires a subscription to an Xbox Live Gold membership or a PlayStation®Plus subscription.
Owners of the original console game can purchase the FINAL FANTASY XV Royal Pack and access the new content (excludes Season Pass content) via the Xbox Store and PlayStation® Store.
FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION also features:
- High-resolution options and visuals compatible with native 4K (3840 x 2160), graphical options can also be configured to support up to 8K
- HDR 10 support
- Mod Support - As a preview of what players will be able to do with mod support, players who own FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION on Steam can find the Half-Life Pack items in the Steam Workshop. Further mod support details to be announced at a later time.
- Tobii Eyetracking Integration - For more information on how players can control cameras, auto-aim, warp to locations and more via eyetracking, refer to the blog post here: http://www.tobiigaming.com/Final-Fantasy-XV-Eye-Tracking
- AlienFX Integration – Allows for a more immersive experience with lighting effects tied directly to in-game action on Alienware peripherals.
Additionally, a free update to FINAL FANTASY XV MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES is also available today, introducing several new gameplay areas, quests and other content, including:
- Comrades Quest (Beginner - Intermediate) - Players can now earn exclusive avatar items through a new Comrades Quest where they take control of Noctis, Gladiolus, Prompto and Ignis and complete a thrilling series of Escort, Defense, and Hunt quests in medley form.
- Chocobo Breeding (Intermediate - Advanced) - Up to 10 wild chocobos can now be raised, used to develop new power routes and pitted against ferocious foes at the Caem Colosseum after a sequence of events at Cape Caem are completed.
- Royal Sigils (Advanced - Master) - Players can now unlock an extremely challenging multiplayer quest after completing a sequence of events at Galdin Quay and collecting the six remaining Royal Sigils.
- Hidden Harbor - A new outpost is now unlocked after completing a sequence of events at Galdin Quay, functioning as a “mini-Lestallum” complete with Mission HQ, Power Station, Glaive Barracks, a Remodeling Station and new Chocobo Stables. The new mini-outpost Norduscaen Garrison can also be unlocked.
- Additional Content:
- Higher Avatar Character Level Cap - From Level 50 to Level 99
- Higher Weapon Level Cap - From Level 99 to Level 120 (requiring special Meteorite component)
- Ability to Dismantle Armaments - Available after obtaining the Engine Schematics
- New Guest Chefs at Camp - Including Libertus, Gentiana, Cor, Aranea and Iris
- Exchange Gil for Meteorshards - Visit Navyth at a certain outpost
- New Hunt, Escort and Defense Quests
- New Armaments, Weapon Abilities, Remodeling Components
- New Avatar Items - Modeled after familiar faces from FINAL FANTASY XV
Microsoft Store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/final-fantasy-xv-windows-edition/9pm9v34lw091
FINAL FANTASY XV YouTube: https://YouTube.com/FinalFantasyXV
FINAL FANTASY XV Twitter®: @FFXVEN
FINAL FANTASY XV Instagram: @FFXV
FINAL FANTASY XV Facebook: https://en-gb.facebook.com/ffxv/
About FINAL FANTASY XV
The latest instalment in the classic series, FINAL FANTASY XV is set in an enthralling world where fantasy meets reality, where players will embark on an adventure like no other. Join Prince Noctis and his comrades on an epic journey of brotherhood, love and despair as they unravel Noctis's destiny and take up arms against the warmongering empire, Niflheim.
With a captivating cast of characters, breath-taking visuals, open world exploration and thrilling action-packed real time combat, FINAL FANTASY XV is the ultimate FINAL FANTASY experience for both newcomers to the series and series fans alike.
About Square Enix Ltd.
Square Enix Ltd. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content in Europe and other PAL territories as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix Ltd. also has a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 135 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 75 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 63 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix Ltd. is a London-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix Ltd. can be found at http://eu.square-enix.com/en
© 2016-2018 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, FFXV, FINAL FANTASY, FINAL FANTASY XV, the FINAL FANTASY XV logo, FINAL FANTASY XV MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES, FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO, and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. DOLBY and DOLBY ATMOS are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories Licensing Corporation. The Sims is a registered trademark of Electronic Arts Inc. Steam is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.