NEXON KOREA TEAMS WITH SNK TO DELIVER SPECIAL KING OF FIGHTERS 98’ CHARACTERS AND OTHER EXCLUSIVE CONTENT TO ARENA MASTERS
Seoul – Aug. 31, 2017 – NEXON Korea Corporation, subsidiary of NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO), a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games, partners with the renowned SNK Corporation to bring characters from SNK’s fan-favorite King of Fighters series to Nexon’s action-packed Arena Masters in the latest content update. Arena Masters combines addictive action, high-intensity player-vs-player (PvP) battles and real-time strategy for an all-out battle of wits and strength. The game is available now on the App Store and Google Play.
The latest content update features powerful King of Fighters characters and events, including:
- Fierce and Famous King of Fighters 98’ Characters: Three superior King of Fighters 98’ characters join the fray. The special SNK collaborative characters include the incredible likeness and tantalizing abilities of: Kyo, Athena and Iori;
- King of Fighters System Combat Mode: Play the fresh battle mode that combines addictive gameplay elements from King of Fighters with engaging and high-intensity action of Arena Masters. Create teams of three heroes, including KOF fighters, and engage in PvP combat where players swap eliminated heroes to continue play;
- KOF Collaboration Event: Complete unique missions for each fearless SNK hero. Players who complete KOF event missions will be handsomely rewarded with rare items including, Dimensional Soul Stones, Warrior Medals and equipment chests.
Masters is available now to download for free on mobile devices in select territories from the App Store for iOS and Google Play for Android.
Additional information on the games for members of the press:
- Official Webpage: https://am.nexon.com/
- Official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ArenaMastersnexon/
About NEXON Co. Ltd.
NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO) is a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games. Founded in Korea in 1994, Nexon developed one of the world's first graphics-based massively multiplayer online games. Nexon also pioneered the concept of microtransactions and the free-to-play business model, setting a new standard in which play is free, and users have the option to purchase in-game items to enhance their experience. Nexon currently services nearly 100 titles in more than 190 countries. The Company is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and its shares are listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
About SNK Corporation
Headquartered in Osaka, Japan, SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION (SNK) develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software in Japan, North America, Europe and Asia. Founded in 1978, SNK is one of the largest privately held interactive entertainment content providers in the world. Known for such franchises as THE KING OF FIGHTERS, METAL SLUG, and SAMURAI SHODOWN, SNK continues to be an industry leader by focusing on its rich arcade history. More information on SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION can be found at www.snkplaymore.co.jp