CHRONO TRIGGER NOW AVAILABLE ON PC
Mobile Version of Timeless Classic Also Receives Update to the PC Features
LONDON (27th February 2018) – Square Enix Ltd., today announced that the definitive version of CHRONO TRIGGER®, widely hailed as one of the greatest video games of all time, is now available for the first time on STEAM®. This version features:
- Two Extra Dungeons – Includes the mysterious ‘Dimensional Vortex’ dungeon and the forgotten ‘Lost Sanctum’ dungeon that first appeared in the DS and mobile releases
- Updated Graphics and Sound – While keeping the atmosphere of the original, featuring enhanced visuals designed for modern PCs and remastered soundtrack under the supervision of original composer Yasunori Mitsuda
- Updated Controls - Optimised PC experience that supports both controller and mouse/keyboard configuration
- New Autosave Feature - Automatically saves while still featuring the original title’s Save Point function
- CHRONO TRIGGER Limited Edition - Those that purchase the STEAM version until 2nd April 2018 will receive the following digital bonuses for free:
- An enchanting and specially edited digital song file containing a medley of five songs: ‘Far Off Promise’, ‘Wind Scene’, ‘Battle with Magus’, ‘Corridors of Time’, and ‘Chrono Trigger’
- Composer Yasunori Mitsuda’s digital liner notes
- A collection of six stunning PC wallpapers in varying sizes
In conjunction with the release of the STEAM version, CHRONO TRIGGER for iOS and Android will also receive a major update, which brings all of the enhancements in the PC version to mobile devices. Additionally, CHRONO TRIGGER is also now available on the Amazon AppStore beginning today, bringing the title to an even wider array of mobile platforms.
The mobile version of CHRONO TRIGGER not only features the updated graphical and sound enhancements, but also brings retina and cloud save features as well as AppleTV support to this version.
The new CHRONO TRIGGER STEAM launch trailer is available at: https://youtu.be/iAxjjQJ8oEE
Originally released in 1995, CHRONO TRIGGER was developed by the ‘Dream Team’ of DRAGON QUEST® creator Yuji Horii, DRAGON BALL creator Akira Toriyama and the creators of the FINAL FANTASY® series. Many challenges await players in this epic quest to save the planet’s future, as long-lost secrets are revealed through time travel to different eras including the present, middle ages, the future, prehistory and ancient times.
CHRONO TRIGGER is available now on STEAM and mobile platforms. For more information, visit: http://www.chronotriggergame.com
Official Website: http://www.chronotriggergame.com
Official Twitter page: https://twitter.com/SQUARE_ENIX_EU
Official Facebook page: https://en-gb.facebook.com/SquareEnix/
Official YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/uksquareenix
STEAM Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/613830/CHRONO_TRIGGER/
iOS App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/chrono-trigger/id479431697?mt=8
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.chrono
Amazon Appstore: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/mas/dl/android?p=com.square_enix.android_amazon.chrono_KIN
About Square Enix Ltd.
Square Enix Ltd. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content in Europe and other PAL territories as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix Ltd. also has a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics®, and Eidos Montréal. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 135 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 75 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 63 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix Ltd. is a London-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
©1995, 2018 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. Illustration: © 1995 BIRD STUDIO / SHUEISHA Story and Screenplay: © 1995, 2008 ARMOR PROJECT / SQUARE ENIX
CHRONO TRIGGER, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, FINAL FANTASY, EIDOS, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. Steam is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.