Today, Bungie released the latest trailer for Destiny 2’s upcoming expansion, showing off some of the weapons and armor that Guardians can earn in Lightfall. The trailer also showcases some new Strand verbs like tangles, which are bundles of quantum strands left over when enemies unravel. These tangles can be used by players using Strand to weave objects and creatures, or for other purposes tied to weapons.
Here are details of the new weapons and armor shown in the trailer:
- Final Warning: Hold down the trigger of this Kinect slot Strand Sidearm to mark targets within range and load a burst of bullets. When hip firing, projectiles track aggressively toward marked targets.
- Deterministic Chaos: While holding the trigger, every fourth bullet of this Void Machine Gun becomes a heavy projectile that weakens targets on impact. Every fourth heavy projectile makes targets volatile on impact.
- Winterbite: This Heavy slot Exotic Stasis Glaive fires a large ball of energy that locks onto nearby targets and freezes them.
- Cyrtarachne’s Façade – This Exotic helmet gives extra protection as Hunters gain armor and flinch resistance when they grapple.
- Abeyant Leap – When Titans use their Barricade with this Exotic leg armor, it spawns seeking projectiles that suspend enemies and gives armor to its wielder.
- Swarmers – This new Exotic leg armor allows Warlocks to create a Threadling to infest and attack enemies after destroying a tangle.
The trailer also features the Quicksilver Storm catalyst upgrade in which the Exotic Auto Rifle’s grenade kills create Strand tangles that can be thrown at enemies. Quicksilver Storm is available now for all Guardians that preorder Lightfall. Today, players can still experience Season of the Seraph and Moments of Triumph to prepare for the next chapter in the Light and Darkness saga with Destiny 2: Lightfall launching on February 28, 2023.
Assets for this can be downloade here.